Position Title: Electrician
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Performs lay out and assembly of electrical panels according to specifications on prints using hand tools and power tools. Wires, debugs and installs special machines.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lays out and assembles electrical panels according to prints and customer specifications.
- Completes routing and plumbing to junction boxes and to main electrical box.
- Fabricates brackets for mounting boxes.
- Runs wires and cables from components to junction boxes, main electrical panels and terminals.
- Makes wire lists and wire bundles.
- With some assistance, troubleshoots, debugs, and modifies electrical systems as appropriate.
- Uses electrical testing equipment such as multimeter, and ac/dc probes to assess problems and makes any required changes.
- Disassembles electrical systems on machines.
- Reinstalls, rewires and tests machinery at customer facilities.
- Provides project feedback to project team and others as needed.
- Actively participates in team reviews.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned such as assisting in estimating hours for quotes.
- With some assistance, labels wire, cable, and components with a computerized marking system and a portable label printer.
Collaboration and Teamwork Expectations:
- Is an effective team member and is a supporter of the team concept. Cooperates with others inside and outside of their department and unselfishly offers help without being asked. Shares information and openly expresses ideas, in order to solve problems, foster innovation and achieve win-win solutions.
- Consistently models the following attributes; is trustworthy, intently listens, willingly helps others and communicates in a straightforward honest manner.
- A two-year degree in electronics, electricity or related area and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Without the degree, at least 4 years of relevant experience as an electrician in machine & panel wiring.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical prints and schematics.
- Experience in machine wiring, panel wiring/layout.
- Experience troubleshooting machine wiring and electrical components & systems using electrical instruments including voltmeters, ampmeters, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Possess or be able to acquire own hand tools.
- Must possess the communication and interaction skills to perform in a collaborative/team oriented work environment. Good English language skills.
- Must be willing to, on occasion, travel overnight to service equipment. Must be willing to travel by air.
- Working knowledge of NFPA, NEC and UL codes.
- Experience running conduit (i.e., electrical plumbing).
- Proficient soldering skills.
- Experience working with and assembling pneumatic components and systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Continuous standing and carrying.
- Frequent walking, bending, squatting, reaching, twisting and lifting for extended periods of time.
- Occasional grasping and repetitive motion.
- Occasional lifting and moving of parts up to 50 pounds waist high.
- Visual ability to read prints and visually inspect; peripheral vision to avoid moving equipment.
- Hearing ability to monitor machine sounds and communicate safety instructions with assembly team.
- Exposure to moving equipment.
- Occasional exposure to loud noise.
- Exposure to high voltage.