Position Title: Senior Electrician
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Performs lay out and assembly of electrical panels according to specifications on prints using hand tools and power tools. Wires, debugs and installs special machines. Leads projects on a consistent basis.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lays out and assembles electrical panels according to prints and customer specifications.
- Completes routing and plumbing to junction boxes and to main electrical box.
- Fabricates brackets for mounting boxes.
- Runs wires and cables from components to junction boxes, main electrical panels and terminals.
- Makes wire lists and wire bundles.
- Troubleshoots, debugs, and modifies electrical systems as appropriate.
- Uses electrical testing equipment such as a multimeter, scopemeters, and ac/dc probes to assess problems and makes any required changes.
- Assists electrical engineers in troubleshooting various electrical components and systems of the machine.
- Works closely with machine builders on troubleshooting and various technical changes to the machine as needed during the mechanical debug phase of the project.
- Disassembles electrical systems on machines.
- Reinstalls, rewires and tests machinery at customer facilities.
- Trains customer employees on equipment as needed.
- Provides project feedback to customer, project team and others as needed.
- Actively participates in team reviews and formal design review meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned such as estimating hours for quotes, working with customers to trouble shoot equipment on the customer’s floor.
- May direct the activities of others who are providing support on the same machine.
- Uses a computerized marking system and a portable label printer for wire, cable and component labeling.
Collaboration and Teamwork Expectations:
- Is an effective team member and is a supporter of the team concept. Cooperates with others inside and outside of their department and unselfishly offers help without being asked. Shares information and openly expresses ideas, in order to solve problems, foster innovation and achieve win-win solutions.
- Consistently models the following attributes; is trustworthy, intently listens, willingly helps others and communicates in a straightforward honest manner.
- A two-year degree in electronics, electricity or related area and at least 4 years of relevant experience. Without the degree, at least 6 years of relevant experience as an electrician in machine and panel wiring.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical prints and schematics.
- Experience in machine wiring, panel wiring/layout, soldering, and running conduit (i.e., electrical plumbing).
- Experience troubleshooting machine wiring and electrical components & systems using electrical instruments including voltmeters, ampmeters, etc.
- Working knowledge of NFPA, NEC and UL codes.
- Possess or be able to acquire their own hand tools.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and interaction skills to perform in a collaborative/team oriented work environment. Good English language skills.
- Must be willing to, on occasion, travel overnight to service equipment. Must be willing to travel by air.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- General machining experience.
- Knowledge of fits, tolerances, and alignment of mechanical components.
- Experience working with and assembling pneumatic components and systems.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Willing and able to train others.
- Continuous standing and carrying.
- Frequent walking, bending, squatting, reaching, twisting and lifting for extended periods of time.
- Occasional grasping and repetitive motion.
- Occasional lifting and moving of parts up to 50 pounds waist high.
- Visual ability to read prints and visually inspect; peripheral vision to avoid moving equipment.
- Hearing ability to monitor machine sounds and communicate safety instructions with assembly team.
- Exposure to moving equipment.
- Occasional exposure to loud noise.
- Exposure to high voltage.